Ultimate Genre Research: Action

    Action movies are highly popular, with titles such as the infamous "John Wick", "Mission Impossible", & "The Matrix."

    This is one of the genres my teammate and I will be researching, here's the information we've gathered about it.

Common Camera Shots.

  • Wide Angle Shots
  • Medium Shots
  • Long Shots
  • Following Shots
  • Intense close-ups of plot advances
  • Tilt
  • Low Angle Shots
  • Over-the-shoulder shots.
  • One-shot
  • two-shot
  • Three-shot & above
Common Mis-En-Scene
  • Darker Lighting
  • Flashing Lights
  • Weaponry
  • Abonded Area
Common Sound
  • Contains both Digenic and Non-Digenic
  • Ambiance can be surrounding Chatter, screaming, or City ambiance
  • Gunshots
  • Vehicles
  • Added intense music to enhance film moments (Non-Digenic)
Common Editing
  • Jump Cuts
  • Frequent Standard Cuts/Cutaways
  • Action Match Cuts
  • Shot Reverse Shots
  • Post Sound effects for Hitting, shooting, etc.
  • VFX
  • Music
  • Cross-cutting
Action movies are quite the gems, I personally enjoy action movies with a good story, I'm not watching them for the explosions but because I enjoy the story itself, the action is just part of the storyline you're watching, and at times it can be exhilarating. These are the movie banners of the movies I first stated as examples.



















    Saying this again, I do not enjoy movies that overdo stuff, it becomes boring and makes my attention drag away. The only reason I would like overdoing is if it actually helped a "fight" scene, or some intense battle. At times they would just cause Nuclear missiles to go off in the background for no absolute reason, it's just there and we can see it, and it causes nothing, it has no point to the story and is just not needed.

But don't my drift wrong, I love action movies, I've been watching them for a long time, The sense of thrill that they give you while they're fighting one of the evil characters, you never know what happens next, it's the sense of needing to know what happens after, a sense of mystery. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recreating The Great Reckoning

My Intruduction